My father’s side of the family comes from southern Louisiana — Cajun Country! My Aunt Olite, may she rest in peace, made a wonderful, cold, shrimp salad. This is her recipe.
- 2 cups shrimp, boiled and peeled
- 1 cup elbow or shell macaroni, cooked
- 3 eggs, hard boiled, shelled, and chopped
- ½ to ¾ cups mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. celery, chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon or lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix everything.
- Taste for seasoning. Add more lemon or lime juice as desired.
- Refrigerate until needed. Serve on a bed of lettuce and garnish with tomato.
Makes 4 servings.