Here’s another recipe that has been in my family for more than 35 years. When I make Leg Of Lamb, I always try to have some left over to use for this recipe. I’ve even been accused of making Leg Of Lamb, just so I could make this recipe!
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 6 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups water
- 3 cubes instant chicken bouillon
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 3 tsp. dill weed
- cooked lamb, cubed (Allow ¼- to ½-pound of lamb per person.)
- seasoned salt and lemon pepper to taste
- French bread, for dipping
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in flour and cook over low heat, stirring frequently until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in water and bouillon.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in vinegar and dill weed.
- Add seasoned salt and lemon pepper.
- Add lamb and heat.
Serve hot with fresh French bread.