In our house, Saint Patrick’s Day means Corned Beef! If you can’t find pre-seasoned corned beef, try this recipe. Serve it with our Curried Mayonnaise and your guests will rave about it!
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. pickling spice
- 2 small, quartered onions
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 4 whole bay leaves
- 1 tsp. whole peppercorns
- 1 toe garlic, minced
- 3 celery stalks and leaves, quartered
- 1 tsp. Italian herbs
- Place corned beef in a pot with water to cover.
- Combine all ingredients and add to pot.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Reduce to a slow simmer.
- Cover and cook 40 to 50 minutes per pound.
- Remove corned beef from water and allow to cool.
- Place corned beef in an oven-safe dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Slice thin. Serve hot or cold.
The leftovers, if any, make great sandwiches!